Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Be Greener

My new outlook on life.

Already this year I decided to cut out processed sugar and corn syrup from my life, and its going good so far, I had one or two times that I almost fell into the dark, dank, yet wonderful hole of sweets, but I prevailed! What has really helped me along is learning to cook with honey and fruits as the sugar substitute, or just eating raw fruits and/or honey:)

Annnyways, this weekend, I was watching alot of documentaries, two in particular. One was about farmers markets, which got me thinking about fabric vs plastic bags. I am already crocheting my own bags-one down as of today! Using this "recipe" :


Also on the agenda this week-get rid of all plastic (four cups, and 8 pieces of utensils later...) and Teflon coated pots and pans-I have been reading up alot on Teflon, and it is horrible...so is plastic...so, even though I know some plastic is ok for you, I would rather be on the safe side and drink from glass and cook with metal. Donating it to the goodwill...better than letting them go to the dump, and anyways people will still buy plastic and Teflon coated pans, so I figure its prob better to donate than dump:)

I am happy and excited as to how I can redesign our life, how we live it, and make it healthier and simpler:)

No comments: