Sunday, April 24, 2011

Before and After: DIY Paper Twine Decorative Balls

So, my mother-in-law and I love going to thrift stores and buying random things to "re-do" and make better for our homes! It really is fun:) Anyways, so she got me these quilted (?) styrofoam balls and some paper twine........I gratefully accepted them but was stumped on what to use them for since, honestly, paper bows and those quilted decor balls were...um...well...out of style shall we say...lol

ANYWAYS, so I set them aside for a rainy day...what should come around the corner, but a SUNNY day! That is the day my *inspiration* started. Why couldn't I make those with what I had? The twine and balls only cost $0.99 each.....(thats the best part). Here it is!



            1)Original quilted blahness                     2)Hot-gluing the paper twine around
  3)Finished with the gluing and twine!      4)Stuck skewers in them to spray paint...


    


  Finished! and I love them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shannon...that is AWESOME!!! You are so amazingly creative! Okay....we are going to continue doing this...finding "stuff" that we can makeover. I love it!!! I don't know what's more fun....shopping for the stuff, or seeing the outcome when you're done!